Our Annual Chili Cook-off is BACK for round two!
Tickets: $5 to taste and vote for chili
Chili Entry Requirements: Anyone can enter, no cost required. An entry must consist of a minimum 4 quarts/1 gallon of chili.
Contestants will be judged by a secret panel of experts on aroma, texture, presentation, taste, and aftertaste.
Prizes will be awarded for Best Overall, Spiciest, and People/s Choice.
People’s choice winner will be determined by the guests of the winery (each guest will receive a voting ticket with ticket purchase).
1. Chili must be made off site, prepared and handled in a sanitary manner
2. Chili must be “ready to serve” when brought to the event and held at a safe temperature (above 140F) in your own crock pot.
3. Chili must be made from scratch
-Cooking must begin with raw ingredients and spices
-Canned beans and canned tomatoes ARE permitted
-Commercial chili mixes/spices, canned chili, or kits are NOT allowed
-All beans, pasta, and rice are approved for use
-All styles of chili are welcome (Texas, vegetarian, etc.)
4. Please provide an index card with ingredients and spices listed for allergy purposes (a simple list, no amounts)
5. Please provide serving utensils (bowls, napkins, and spoons will be provided by us)
6. Please be ready to serve no later than 12:30pm
7. If you would like to enter a chili in the competition, please send an email with your name, phone number, and type of chili (Texas, veggie, white bean chicken, etc.) to Kyle@whitehorsewinery.com
8. Space for contestants is limited, so the sooner you let us know that you want to compete, the better!
Keep in mind this is an amateur competition, all are welcome to enter if they follow the guidelines!
For more information or questions,
call us at 609-270-1411